Your mattress will arrive in a sturdy cardboard Stumptown box.
When your Stumptown Mattress expands, at first it is going to look a little wonky. Give it a few hours. The corners will fill in. The waves on the side will even out. The mattress may feel a little softer when it’s first expanding. Give it 24 to 48 hours for the mattress to firm up.
It’s very helpful to have 2 people for this process. Instructions are enclosed with your mattress, but here’s what you do.
- Lay box on its side
- Open from one end
- Pull mattress from box. It will be wrapped tightly in plastic
- Place mattress onto frame or foundation
- Carefully cut the outer layer of plastic off the package. Be careful and go slowly so you do not cut mattress material
- Unfold and unroll the sealed mattress
- Carefully cut open the plastic bag along the edge of the head or foot of the mattress. Again, be careful during this step not to cut fabric
- Watch your mattress expand
- Pull plastic bag off mattress
We recommend that you let your mattress expand and breathe for 6 hours before making your bed and sleeping on it. Please note that it will not damage your mattress if you need to sleep on it sooner.